Engineer/Mechanical Engineer | APPLY email@example.com
APC Packaging is looking for a Mandarin-speaking engineer in our Fort Lauderdale, Florida headquarters. The main responsibilities are to help implement good design and process improvements on goods made with plastics, partner with our Chinese production facilities, create specifications, established manufacturing control plans and assist in the design of pieces and parts.
- Bi-lingual in Chinese (Mandarin) and English to ensure the quality output of molded components through design, process improvements, translation of complex strategies and designs to the Asia engineering team.
- Design plastics or injection-mold fabrication processes.
- Create and improve process flow.
- Research and develop new manufacturing processes.
- Analyze manufacturing data and suggest improvements.
- Analyze production and machinery line.
- Design the necessary components.
- Ensure the environment to make plastics is appropriate.
- Analyze quality control and correct flaws.
- Work with other team members and vendors.
- Review existing validation reports.
- Create new reports and verifications.
- Be a leader in SOP documentation for engineering and all the departments that engineering is partnered with internally.
- Work with staff Plastics Engineer to ensure all aspects, questions relating to a project are covered. This includes drawing reviews, samples and project timing.
- BS in Mechanical, Plastics, Material Science or Manufacturing Engineering required.
- Minimum of 4 years of industry experience in plastics manufacturing.
- Knowledge of high precision metrology.
- Proficient with the use of Design for Manufacturing, SPC, DOE and Six Sigma techniques.
- Working knowledge of GMP, ISO rules and regulatory requirements.
- GD&T experience with tolerance stack-up analysis.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks and projects.
- Demonstrated written and verbal presentation and communication skills.
- Preferred: Six Sigma certified, Knowledge of DFSS.
APC Packaging offers competitive salaries and benefits including comprehensive medical, vision, dental, and life insurance, 401(k) with generous company match, and paid time off.
APC Packaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic or status.
About APC Packaging
With nearly two decades of experience in the cosmetics industry, we offer high-quality and innovative packaging products for global beauty and skincare brands. From completely new packaging solutions, improving existing ones, as well as a vast inventory of carefully-selected stock items, our team helps our clients with compelling custom packaging, intended for the competitive beauty industry.